Saturday, January 24, 2009

PREP Model for Web Conferencing: REHEARSAL

If you’ve seen a Cirque du Soleil performance you can appreciate the amount of time the performers spent to get all of moving parts on the stage to synchronize flawlessly. Think about what you will need to do in order to ensure a smooth delivery so that even the very first time you deliver a session you make a good first impression.

I shoot for three practice deliveries: one with the facilitation team to work on timing and flow, then two rehearsals with mock audiences. After each rehearsal note adjustments needed and incorporate them into your session.

1 comment:

Peggy Mengel said...

Rehearsals are so important! I've been on a web conference where it was clear that the leaders had not practiced. I got a bad impression of them and it distracted me from their content. At one point, I felt they were wasting my time and I made the decision not to attend the next scheduled conference.