The content and complexity of your web conference will determine the facilitation team needed. In general, you need a facilitator and a producer to carry out key tasks such as:
- Main speaker, subject matter expert.
- Advances slides. Engages audience verbally.
- Not active in chat. Comments verbally on what others type.
- Comments on poll results.
- Leads and debriefs exercises.
- Web conferencing expert. May or may not be familiar with subject.
- Explains technical features. May kick off and conclude the session.
- Active in chat. Engages audience by posting and responding to questions/comments. Prompts facilitator to address chat questions. Types key messages to reinforce learning as facilitator speaks.
- Opens/closes polls.
- Explains how exercises will run.
What does your faciliation dream team look like?